- Location changers are tools that let you spoof your real location with a fake one for multiple reasons, such as to enjoy location-restricted services or to play games without moving.
- This professional tool lets you spoof your location in the safest ways with a single click only to anywhere in the world you wish to move to.
- The VPN worked pretty well for me, but I was let down when it didn’t work for apps, so make sure you always choose the right option.
Have you ever come across a situation where you are unable to access a website or an app due to location restrictions?
Yes, I have been through the same. Last week, I was looking forward to watching a series but was annoyed to see that it is not available in my region.
But things got better when I decided not to sit idle and look for a solution. Luckily, I found enough information that can help everyone.
Keep reading this article if you wish to know how to fake location on iPhone and Android.
How Can I Fake My Location?
If you are wondering whether it is possible to fake your location, then let me answer this with a big yes. There are tons of tools and apps available to help you fake your location, but the real concern is what location you want to fake; GPS or IP.
GPS location of a device is used by installed apps to provide you better results and customized preferences such as location-based services.
One might want to fake a GPS location in the following situations.
- Do not want to share location on social media apps like Facebook or Instagram.
- You want to improve your gaming experience in a GPS-restricted game such as Pokemon Go.
- Boost GPS Signals of your actual location or area.
The IP address is a unique code that is used over the internet while surfing the web. It is used to determine the location, such as an area and country. IP location is not able to tell the precise location; however, the area or country location can be faked too with a VPN.
Here is why you might want to fake your IP location.
- One might be looking to access a website that is not available in his region.
- You can watch series and movies from other locations on Netflix.
- You can prevent the privacy of your sensitive information and avoid website tracking cookies.
You are now aware of both GPS and IP location, but what is more than this? Knowing how to fake location with both GPS and IP systems. Let’s get started with faking GPS location as it is more crucial.
Best Ways to Fake Location (for GPS)
Are you an iPhone user or an Android user? Well, for me, both users matter a lot; I listed out the best tool and app for each of you, so no one is left behind.
LuckLuckGo: 1-Click to Fake Location (the most recommended for iPhone)
LuckLuckGo is the best tool I have ever come across for an iOS user. This professional tool lets you spoof your location in the safest ways with a single click only to anywhere in the world you wish to move to.
- Launch LuckLuckGo.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and click "Start."
- Select "Teleport Mode" and set a location from the map.
- Click "Move."
changes location on iPhone with LuckLuckGo
And that’s it. All the location-based apps on your device will move to a new place automatically.
Fake GPS Location (most recommended for Android)
Fake GPS location is specially designed for Android users to spoof their location and enjoy the perks of location-restricted games and apps. Let’s get to know more about the app with its pros and cons.
Fake GPS Location App (Lexa)
- Launch the app and locate “Select an option to get started.”
- Choose “set location” and click on a location from the map.
- Select the tap option and agree to the permission box dialog.
- Now, go to the settings of your device and look for the build number.
- Keep tapping the build number till you see the developer mode.
- In the developer settings and select the mock location app.
- Choose the “Fake GPS Location – GPS Joystick” option.
- Select the start option.
Select mock location app
You can check Google Maps to see if the location is updated.
- The app has a good rating of 4.6 out of 5 on the Google play store.
- The tool is completely free to use.
- You can catch all the Pokemons around the world.
- The app has not been updated for a long time.
- You will lose your last location when you restart the app fresh.
And we are done faking location on GPS? Now, you can easily play your GPS-restricted games, but what if you are looking to access a forbidden website. Don’t worry; we are moving there. Let’s get to the next part.
How to Fake Location for IP location?
I remember using a VPN once to fake my IP location as I wanted to access a website that was not available in my region. The VPN worked pretty well, but I was let down when it didn’t work for apps, so make sure you always choose the right option.
ProtonVPN - Free VPN to Fake Location for both iPhone and Android
ProtonVPN is one of the best VPNs available to fake locations for both iPhone and Android users by changing their IP addresses. The app promises to keep up with your privacy and is free to use. Let’s jump onto the pros, cons, and steps.
- Launch the ProtonVPN on your device.
- Select the "connect" option.
- Choose a location you wish to move to.
change location via ProtonVPN
- The VPN comes with easy and simple steps.
- It is completely free to spoof location on an IP address.
- You do not have to download a desktop version.
- This method will only work with browsing.
- You will not be able to synchronize movements or any virtual location in games such as Pokemon Go.
- You also cannot share a fake location on social media.
You got to know the top option of faking location with IP and GPS, but I believe one method for one purpose is not enough, so I have a surprise for you.
Other Ways to Fake Location
Do you want to try some more methods to have an experience of how things work? Here I have listed some apps that you can try for experimentation.
Can I fake location on Google Maps?
Yes, you can easily fake your location on Google Maps with a spoofing tool such as LuckLuckGo. The tool lets you spoof location on any type of GPS-restricted or location-based application.
Can fake GPS be detected?
Some of the apps or games like Pokemon Go might be able to detect that you are faking your location to get some extra benefits, but this can be prevented. I have been using LuckLuckGo to play Pokemon Go for quite some time and didn’t get noticed, even for once.
How do I hide my location on my iPhone without them knowing?
If you change some settings to fake your location, then the probability is high that other people will know your action, especially iOS users. However, spoofing tools like LuckLuckGo do not ever send notifications about you faking or changing your location.
What is a location changer?
Location changers are tools that let you spoof your real location with a fake one for multiple reasons, such as to enjoy location-restricted services or to play games without moving from your place.
You are now ready to spoof your location, whether you are an iOS user or an Android user. The methods listed will work effectively for GPS and IP locations accordingly. Do you want me to tell you a secret? I have been using LuckLuckGo for quite some time to fake my location on Tinder and Pokemon Go. And the results are unbelievable. The smooth working of the tool and super-easy steps are my favorite part of the tool.