Do you have professional or personal reasons to fake your iPhone’s GPS location, but are frustrated to find that there is no "iPhone location spoofer" feature in the Settings App or the Apple Store? No worries, we’ve got you covered.
In this article, you will get the whole scoop on how to fake location on your iPhone.
How Can I Spoof iPhone Location?
Apple frowns upon spoofing location on their devices. However, you can still fake your iPhone’s location technically, as shown below:
- Using professional GPS spoofer. Install an iOS location changer app on your Windows or Mac computer, then use it to fake your location. Your iPhone will keep using the phony location even after disconnecting from the computer unless you restart.
- Jailbreaking your iPhone. This is hacking your iPhone to customize it as you please. The process involves eliminating media restrictions by bypassing DRM (Digital Rights Management).
- Modifying the “.Plist” (property list). Plist files are part of your iOS system and are where the core of your iPhone's settings reside. Using the property list or .Plist file, you can change your location with the assistance of the pre-installed Maps app on your iPhone.
- Leveraging VPN providers to spoof IP location. Take advantage of VPN apps to change your location from one place to another to fake your position while using the internet. However, that doesn’t include sharing mock sites on location-based apps or when offline.
- Using a location simulator. Another way is using an app that allows spoofing the location without jailbreaking by selecting coordinates from a map.
Way 1: Using Spoof Location Software [LuckLuckGo]
One way to spoof your GPS location without jailbreaking your iPhone is using the LuckLuckGo location spoofer. When sharing destinations on social platforms, it allows you to change location in one click.
Fake locations to avoid being tracked or seeking geo-specific services on location-based apps. The professional GPS spoofer also offers advanced features such as a cooldown timer, joystick movement, and adjustable moving speed.
- Download Download and launch LuckLuckGo to your computer.
- Click Start, then connect your iPhone via a USB cable.
- Select your the GPS Location Mode on the top left corner.
- Set your destination. Then click Move.
Click Satrt To Use LuckLuckGo
changes location on iPhone with LuckLuckGo
This action immediately alters your iPhone’s location to a virtual one and applies to all location-based apps and games.
- To level up your Location-based gaming experience. For example, you need to fake GPS with Pokémon GO after exhausting your local streets and hangouts to enjoy the benefits of PokeStops elsewhere.
- When you want to unlock restricted content from social and streaming sites like Snapchat and Netflix.
- Protect your privacy from nosy applications and stalkers for your peace of mind.
- Get early updates on software as some regions receive them ahead of others.
- Hide from snooping friends and family when using specific apps, and avoid being monitored by Find My iPhone.
- To cast your net wider on location-based dating sites.
Benefits of Using Mobitrix LuckLuckGo
- Efficiency. The iPhone location spoofer offers competitive prices, runs a hassle-free money-back service, and quickly does its work after a few clicks within minutes.
- Convenience. The spoofing location software allows users to fake positions when offline for up to five phones at once and can share the location on Location-based games
- High Suitability. Mobitrix LuckLuckGo works with Mac and Windows systems to change your iPhone’s GPS position.
- Privacy. With Mobitrix LuckLuckGo location spoofer, your personal information is protected by masking it with the one you choose.
- Strengthen GPS signals. Spoofing can also help set your actual location in areas where the GPS location is weak.
Avoid tampering with your iPhone security by using Mobitrix LuckLuckGo. Other legal methods are available but involve jailbreaking your iPhone, or with technical requirements.
Way 2: Jailbreak: Fake iPhone Location via Cydia App
There are many iPhone location spoofing software, but you can't find them in the Apple Store.
Jailbreaking allows the device owner to gain full access to the root of the operating system and access all the features. It can help iPhone users bypass restrictions that prevent them from installing third-party apps that unavailable through the App Store.
You are free to choose the jailbreak software, the recommended one here is Cydia.
After jailbreaking, the Cydia app acts like the Store to access any third-party app, including location spoofers.
- Install the Cydia Impactor and appropriate jailbreak IPA on your iPhone system from their websites.
- Launch the program, then connect your iPhone to Mac or Windows computer.
- After detecting your iPhone, Impactor will drag and drop its IPA file.
- Enter your Apple ID and password in the ensuing dialogue box to continue the process.
- After concluding the jailbreak, go to
- Finally, return to the homepage and tap on Jailbreak to complete the process.
Impacter dragging and dropping the APA file.
Settings > General > Device Management > Developers > Trust
Way 3: For iOS 12 and Earlier Versions: Spoof iPhone via iTools
iTools is an online alternative to iExplorer that helps iPhone owners transfer iOS files, back up data, manage files, and fake GPS locations whenever needed. You can test the app on your computer by downloading the free trial version.
- Download and install iTools.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer, then click
- Select the image in the Developer Mode to download the iOS Developer Disk Image file.
- Provide your preferred fake location at the top of the screen and select Go. Use Mapbox to have the map load faster.
- Click Move here to change your location instantly.
Toolbox > Virtual Location, then wait for the map to load.
Clicking the command automatically fakes your location.
Way 4: Fake iPhone Location with iBackupBot & iTunes
The iBackupBot is third-party software that allows you to change your backed-up files. This tool works best with iTunes as a primary backup to protect the integrity of the original system.
- Back up all your data on iTunes.
- Download and install iBackupBot.
- Find the Apple maps property list by either;
- Select User App Files>com.Apple.Maps>Preferences, or
- System files>HomeDomain>Library>Preferences.
- Upon finding the file, search for the <dict> tag and insert the following code:
- With iTunes still closed, close iBackupBot but keep your iPhone plugged in.
- Disable Find My iPhone in the following way:
- Reconnect to iTunes and restore the modified backup.
- Launch Apple Maps and pick your preferred location.
- Click the bottom of the window to find location information and hit Simulate Location feature to verify it applies to other apps.
Settings>Your Apple ID>iCloud>Find My iPhone (tap to toggle off)
Turn off Find My via iPhone Settings app
Way 5: How to Spoof iPhone Location With Xcode
Xcode is Apple's integrated development environment (IDE) for macOS. This is a free Mac platform developed by Apple in 2013 to develop software for macOS, iOS, iPadOS, watchOS, and tvOS.
The method is ideal for Mac computer users with programming skills who have technical knowledge to avoid damaging their iPhones.
- Download and install Xcode on your Mac computer.
- Launch the app and click on
Create a new Xcode project > Single view app scheme.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
- Key in the Product Name and click Next to select where you should create the project.
- Follow this path to log into your Apple ID account.
Xcode > Preferences > Accounts > + > Apple ID > log in to your account
- On the drop-down button, select Team and click > to start the building process.
- Change your current location by selecting one of the available selections, as shown below.
how to download Xcode.
Way 6: Complicated: Change iPhone Location via Editing a Plist File
If your iPhone runs on iOS 13 or an earlier version, you can download an application that enables reading and editing in the iOS backup on your iPhone to modify the property list.
You can do it with the help of the 3uTools program for Mac.
- On your Windows computer, download and install 3uTools.
- Connect your device to the computer via USB.
- Launch 3uTools which immediately detects your iPhone.
- Back up your data by clicking Backup/Restore from your iPhone.
- Click the Backup Management option to launch the most backup and navigate using the following path:
- Double-click the file named com.apple.Maps.plist
- Type these lines above the /dict tag.
- After saving the plist file, disable the Find My iPhone feature in the Backup Management and restore the backup.
- Go to the Apple Map application to simulate your desired location.
AppDocument > AppDomain-com.apple.Maps > Library > Preferences
The text facilitates edits to the property file.
Settings > Your Apple ID > iCloud > Find My iPhone
Way 7: Using Hardware to Spoof iPhone Location
iPhone owners have issues spoofing the location on their phones because of Apple’s unwillingness to develop a built-in setting to change GPS. The company also bans developers from creating apps that can perform similar tasks.
Hardware companies have, however, launched an Apple-compliant device capable of virtually relocating your iPhone. While neither free nor cheap, the hardware offers a robust and reliable solution. Please find more information regarding its uses and applications online.
Things You Need to Know Before Spoofing the Location on iPhone
Below are some consequences of spoofing the location of your iPhone:
- You risk being unreachable to callers not on your contact list, causing uncertainty about your whereabouts.
- Other apps like the navigation app will also use the fake location, causing inconveniences.
- You will also get inaccurate results when checking the weather, seeking accommodation, and more.
- You get banned once location-based dating and gaming apps discover your actions.
- You will also compromise your iPhone's warranty.
Q1: How Accurate are the iPhone Location Services?
Depending on the availability of a GPS signal, it’s either accurate or off by 100 meters when inferred by a cell phone signal.
Q2: Does putting off Location Services prevent from being tracked?
Nop. We can all come under surveillance even with GPS and WiFi turned off. Studies have indicated that with a mixture of phone and non-phone sources your iPhone is trackable.
Q3: How can I share location on an iPhone?
Go to Find My App and select People > Share My Location > Start Sharing Location. Pick the people you want to share your location with and click Send. You can also decide to set the amount of time.
Q4: How can I find the location of a lost iPhone?
Go to All Devices under Find My iPhone app and select the device you want to locate. You will find the phone on a map or see Offline under its name and last known location.
Q5: How can I access my location history?
Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Significant Locations.
Hopefully, the seven practical ways to spoof your iPhone GPS location in 2022 above will help you resolve your issues. Indeed, not all iPhone location spoofing means are equal, as some pose risks to your iPhone’s security. With that in mind, I recommend LuckLuckGo, a fantastic software I would encourage you to try.