Your iPhone location can sometimes reveal your personal address or limit your enjoyment of some of the features of specific Apps. The only solution to get rid of these restrictions is to change your location on your iPhone. This could be the IP or the GPS location.
Sounds complicated? Don't worry, it's not that hard to do. In this blog, I will be suggesting some useful and easy ways to spoof your location on your iPhone.
When Will You Need To Change Location on Your iPhone?
You may find different purposes to change location on your iPhone; some may be educational or entertainment based, while others use specific applications anonymously. Whatever your starting point, you can find out about the many uses for changing your location in case you need to do so.
- For going on a vacation without letting people know about the details of your location, you’ll be visiting.
- For games like Pokemon Go, in which you have to go to places that don’t exist in real life.
- To use applications that are only accessible in certain parts of the world or vary based on location.
- To keep your location anonymous at all times to avoid a data breach.
Although there are different methods of spoofing your location on the iPhone, you can choose one depending on your needs.
I’ve categorized them into the following three ways:
Case 1: Change Your Current GPS location on iPhone via Spoof Location Software (No Jailbreak)
Changing your GPS location can help you prevent every regional restriction. It is possible that someone can track your current GPS location using platforms, such as Find My in iCloud or apps, such as Life360. So, if you spoof your whereabouts, then no unauthorized individual can learn about your real position.
Unfortunately, Apple doesn’t offer any built-in feature to fake your position, but you can try the professional GPS spoof location software like LuckLuckGo.
LuckLuckGo is a desktop-based tool for faking location on iPhone with a single click. This iOS-friendly software has several powerful features that can be used easily by any non-technical person. Moreover, you can select any location in the world and fake your location instantly using your iOS device, without even jailbreaking it!
- You can use this software to keep your current location private from apps, such as Snapchat, Facebook, and Find My.
- The spoofing platform allows you to play your favorite AR-based game, such as Pokemon Go in an entirely different location.
- If you intend to keep your location information private from third-party software, then LuckLuckGo will enable you easily.
- You can bypass geo-restrictions using this software. And set a virtual location on social media to chat with friends worldwide.
- Avoid getting tracked with GPS addresses that may result in hacking.
- Download LuckLuckGo and Install to get started.
- Connect your iPhone to a PC or Mac and tap “Accept” when the trust prompt appears.
- Pick the GPS location mode of your choice from the top left corner of the screen.
- Search coordinates or select any location on the map.
- Click “Move” to change your GPS location.
Connect iPhone to LuckLuckGo
changes location on iPhone with LuckLuckGo
Case 2: Change Your IP Location on iPhone with VPN
When an iPhone is connected to the internet, the IP address can be mapped to its real-world location, known as IP location. To avoid getting tracked, you can change it using VPN.
VPN is a Virtual Private Network that allows users to browse through the internet without revealing their original location.
I have listed some situations where you may need to change your IP address.
- Access software-based services available in other regions, like visiting different Netflix library
- Avoid privacy breaching by hiding your actual IP address
- Hide all your sensitive data from hackers even if you enter unprotected websites
- Get high-speed internet access without ISP interruptions
- Control your data consumption
- Scale your network to as many systems as you want
The Internet is filled with many VPN service providers; you can choose whichever you like.
Here are some basic steps to change location with a VPN:
- Download any VPN app on your iPhone from the Apple App Store.
- Sign up to your account for paid subscriptions or use free
- When asked permission to configure VPN, tap “Allow.”
- Pick a country or let the app automatically pick one for you.
- Hit “Connect” to establish a connection, and your location will be changed.
download the VPN app from the App Store
What’s the difference between free and paid VPNs?
- Free VPNs have a limit on the number of devices that can be connected, whereas paid VPN allows you to secure unlimited devices.
- Free VPN allows occasional changes in servers, while paid VPN allows unlimited switches.
- With Paid VPN, you can use unlimited data, whereas a free VPN has restrictions on data usage.
- Free VPN only allows you to change your location to certain parts of the world, but paid version lets you browse through multiple regions.
What’s the difference between the GPS location and the IP location?
To ease the confusion, GPS is the network of satellites that identifies the location of different objects on Earth, like your home, school, etc. Whereas IP location is the mapping of MAC address into the real-world location.
Case 3: Change The Country or Region For Your Apple ID
If you’re using an iPhone, you must have a dedicated Apple ID on which your device operates, or your data is stored. The Apple ID service is different depending on which region you're in.
The region here is not the GPS location or IP location, but the location you fill in when you register your Apple ID. So, if you're moving to a new location, you'll need to update your Apple ID to reflect that change in regions.
This way, you won't be restricted from using services such as the Apple Store, Apple News and Apple TV because the region of your Apple ID account is different from your actual location.
Why Do You Need to Change Your Apple ID region?
- To use applications in the specific region, you have shifted to.
- Apple services are different in different parts of the world.
- For shipment and billing addresses when ordering products online.
- Don’t miss out on any news when living in any other country.
What to do before you change your country or region?
If you want to change your region or country for your Apple ID, here’s a list of things that you have to do before making the change:
- Cancel Subscription: You have to cancel all the subscriptions that you have made based on your current location and also cancel pre orders
- Spend Remaining Balance: Check your Apple account balance and spend it before switching location
- Choose Payment Method of New Region: Select a different payment option aligned with your new country
- Redownload apps: Since every location has a different version of apps, you have to redownload the content
Steps To Change Region or Country on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
The easiest procedure is to change your country or location on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch :
- Go to Settings and tap your name.
- Select “Media & Purchases.”
- Go to “View Account” and select the Country to which you want to switch, and Hit “Change Country or Region.”
- Accept “Terms & Conditions” and Select your Payment Method.
Switch location on your iPhone
Change your Apple ID Region online
- Sign in to https://appleid.apple.com/
- Choose Personal Information > Country/Region.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
Sign In With Your Apple ID
Tips: You must enter a valid payment method for your new country or region.
Steps For Using iPhone, iPad & Mac to Change your Region via iTunes
You can use Apple's online services to change the location used for your Apple ID, which will then take effect on any and all devices that are currently signed into your Apple ID.
- Open iTunes.
- Click “Account” and go to the “View My Account” menu.
- Sign in your Apple ID and click “Change Country or Region” on account information.
- Switch to a different location and accept “Terms & Conditions” to proceed.
- Select a suitable payment option to finish the process, and your location will be changed.
Change your Region on Mac via iTunes
Now that you’ve learned how to change location on iPhone, including GPS and IP address. Accessing global services, downloading apps and games may have become more manageable.
In addition, if you feel the requirement to use a user-friendly spoofing software to change your real location on the map on time, then LuckLuckGo will provide an intuitive interface to complete the task at hand quickly!