Apple Maps can mark locations to help you get directions to that location, save it to your favorites list, or share the location with others. All you need to do is drop a pin on your iPhone.
Well, you don’t have to be stuck at it. This article will detail all the tips on using this feature and drop a pin on Google Maps on iPhone; keep reading!
Drop a pin
How to Drop a Pin on iPhone With Apple Maps
Apple Maps pin is a feature by Apple that lets you save and share your exact location’s accurate coordinates.
Pins then enable someone else to trace your location or you to find a specific place. You can also save a pin when visiting a new place, so it's easier to find it next time.
- Launch Apple Maps on your iPhone. When the screen opens, you will notice a blue pin. This pin indicates your current location.
- Navigate to the location where you want to drop a pin, then tap and hold it.
- Tap Edit Location. This will display a satellite image of the location you have chosen.
- Drag the image to set a precise location, or press Done if you are satisfied.
How to edit on a pin on Apple Maps.
How To Share Pins With Someone on iMessage?
Once you pin a location, you can always share the location with anyone via iMessage or save the location to a contact. This SMS has a link that delivers the location and directions of the particular place.
Steps (Way 1):
- Launch Apple Maps and select a favorite location or tap a pin.
- Pull up the Marked Location panel to display more details. (Alternatively, tap the three dots in the top right corner of the Dropped Pin panel. This panel pops up when you drop a pin).
- Select Share.
- Tap Messages to share an iMessage with the location details.
How to share pins on iMessage
Steps (Way 2):
- Long press the pin until a menu appears.
- Select Share Location.
- Click Messages to share the pin with someone on iMessage.
Long press pin to share.
How to Add and Save Pins to Favorites on iPhone
iOS allows you to save pinned locations so you can access them later. For example, if you visit a new hotel, you can pin and save that location.
This feature eliminates the possibility of getting lost the next time you go there. Saving pins also makes it easier for you to share directions in the future.
- Go to the maps app and select a pin.
- A Marked Location panel will pop up. Swipe up on it.
- Tap Add to Favorites. The location's name will be set to the closest address or landmark.
How to add a pin to favorites on iPhone
- In iOS 11&12, you are prompted to add the location's name once you add it to favorites.
- But, with iOS 13, you must go to the Favorite Locations menu to change a Location's name.
How to View Your Favorite Locations on iPhone Maps
- Go to the search bar at the bottom of your Apple Maps screen and swipe up.
- Tap See All next to Favorites.
- Click on any location to display it on the map. Select the Info icon to edit a location, including changing its name.
How to view your favorite pins on iPhone Maps.
More Options After You Drop a Pin on iPhone
The features listed above are not all you can do on Apple Maps. You will find more options if you pull up the panel at the bottom of the screen.
- Copy The Address
- Report Information
- Add it To Your Contact Information.
- Find the Fastest Route
- Remove The Pin
Long press the location's address or coordinates to copy them to your iPhone's clipboard.
Alternatively, you can find the address in the Details by clicking on the pin.
If you click on a location and notice it missing a business, restaurant, or other attraction, tap Add to Maps to report it to Apple.
You can attach the location details on the pin to a contact in your list. On the panel, tap Create New Contact or Add to Existing Contact.
How to add a pin to contact information.
You can tap Directions to identify the fastest route to a location.
Your iPhone will determine whether it's close enough to walk. If not, it will provide driving or public transit instructions.
Find the fastest route on Apple Maps.
If you want to delete a marked location, long press the pin, then tap Remove Marker.
Alternatively, you can press Remove to clear a pin you have selected on the map.
How to remove a pin from Apple Maps.
While location apps and pins are convenient, malicious people can use them to stalk you. Alternatively, you may be unwilling to share your location with apps that collect that data.
In either case, there's no need to worry. Spoofing your location eliminates these problems. You can teleport to anywhere you like and confuse your stalker or app.
To change the location of your iPhone, you just need a simple and effective GPS position location tool.
Change Pin Location On iPhone With LuckLuckGo (No Jailbreak)
LuckLuckGo is a robust location software that allows you to spoof/fake your iPhone's GPS location. It is the go-to app when you need to simulate GPS movement.
You can also use it to fake your location on social media or alter the details of a location pin.
In addition to this, you can find LuckLuckGo useful in scenarios such as：
- Use LuckLuckGo to spoof your iPhone's GPS location for a better gaming experience in Location-based games such as Pokemon Go.
- When you need to alter your social media location to chat with friends worldwide.
- Protect your privacy and prevent apps or others from tracking your real location by changing your iPhone's location.
- Hide your actual location without anyone knowing.
- Access global online content that is restricted to certain geographical areas. This content includes videos, music and movies.
The dedicated tool is user-friendly and only takes a few clicks to operate.
- Download Download and launch Mobitrix LuckLuckGo.
- Click Start and connect your iPhone to the computer, then unlock the iPhone and trust this computer.
- Go to the top left corner and select the mode you want.
- Set a location from your map, change the speed and other parameters to suit your needs, and then click Move.
Click Satrt To Use LuckLuckGo
changes location on iPhone with LuckLuckGo
How To Pin Location on iPhone With Google Maps
Google Maps is an app that has similar functions as Apple Maps. The app is a service that provides detailed data about geographical regions and places.
In addition to also offering aerial and satellite views, it allows you to pin locations. You can use these pinned locations as you use those in Apple Maps.
- Open Google Maps.
- Search for the desired address or scroll the map until you have the ideal pin location.
- Tap and hold the desired location to pin it. You will see a Dropped Pin menu at the bottom of the screen. The address and coordinates will also appear in the menu.
- You can tap on the location to view more details, add labels or get directions.
How to drop a pin on Google Maps.
I hope you can now successfully drop a pin on your iPhone, even favorite or remove location pins from Apple Maps.
You should also be able to spoof/fake your GPS location for a better online experience. To hide your location easily, use LuckLuckGo as it is the best tool for spoofing purposes. Don’t be left out. Try it today!