Apple Maps can mark locations to help you get directions to that location, save it to your favorites list, or share the location with others. All you need to do is drop a pin on your iPhone.
Well, you don’t have to be stuck at it. This article will detail all the tips on using this feature and drop a pin on Google Maps on iPhone; keep reading!
Drop a pin
How to Drop a Pin on iPhone With Apple Maps
Apple Maps pin is a feature by Apple that lets you save and share your exact location’s accurate coordinates.
Pins then enable someone else to trace your location or you to find a specific place. You can also save a pin when visiting a new place, so it's easier to find it next time.
- Launch Apple Maps on your iPhone. When the screen opens, you will notice a blue pin. This pin indicates your current location.
- Navigate to the location where you want to drop a pin, then tap and hold it.
- Tap Edit Location. This will display a satellite image of the location you have chosen.
- Drag the image to set a precise location, or press Done if you are satisfied.
How to edit on a pin on Apple Maps.
How To Pin Location on iPhone With Google Maps
Google Maps is an app that has similar functions as Apple Maps. The app is a service that provides detailed data about geographical regions and places.
In addition to also offering aerial and satellite views, it allows you to pin locations. You can use these pinned locations as you use those in Apple Maps.
- Open Google Maps.
- Search for the desired address or scroll the map until you have the ideal pin location.
- Tap and hold the desired location to pin it. You will see a Dropped Pin menu at the bottom of the screen. The address and coordinates will also appear in the menu.
- You can tap on the location to view more details, add labels or get directions.
How to drop a pin on Google Maps.