You may already know Sinnoh Stones transform certain Pokémon and make them more powerful. But do you know how to get Sinnoh Stones? If you don't, this guide will change that.
You will find various ways to acquire Sinnoh Stones and see the steps needed to evolve a Pokémon. This article will also show you which kind of Pokémon you can transform with a Sinnoh Stone. Keep reading.
Brief Introduction to Sinnoh Stone
A Sinnoh Stone is an evolution item that enables players to transform particular Pokémon into their Generation 4 stages.
The Stones are a single-use item meaning you can only use each to evolve a single Pokémon. Aside from making evolved creatures more powerful, Sinnoh Stones also transform their appearance.
Sinnoh Stones are rare and only available for Trainers level 10 and above. Generally, there are four main ways to acquire these rare items. These methods are:
- Completing seven Field Research tasks.
- Defeating a Team Go Rocket Leader.
- Winning PvP battles.
- Obtaining a mystery item in the Go Battle League.
Below is an in-depth description of each method.
Way 1: Completing Seven Field Research Tasks
This is the main way to earn a Sinnoh Stone. Fields Research comprises a series of tasks obtained by spinning a Gym or Pokestop. Players are only allowed to complete a single task per day, and each task has an objective. Once a trainer achieves the objective, they receive rewards ranging from Poke Balls to encounters with certain Pokémon.
Trainers also get a stamp for completing each task. These stamps are claimed on the Field Research progress page, and a player can only receive one per day. However, you do not have to claim it instantly. You can save up the completed tasks and claim the stamps later.
Field Research Reward
Once you attain seven stamps, you can claim a Research Breakthrough which can reward you with a Sinnoh Stone. Given that you need seven stamps, you need to earn a stamp on seven different days, but these days can be consecutive.
Way 2: Defeating a Team Go Rocket Leader
You can earn a Sinnoh Stone by defeating one of the three Team Go Rocket Leaders. These leaders, Ario, Cliff, and Sierra, take orders directly from the Team Go Rocket Boss, Giovanni. They are more powerful than the Team Go Rocket Grunts, and you cannot simply step up and fight them.
Team GO Rocket Leaders
You must beat a regular grunt and collect a mysterious component to get to them. Once you have six of these components, you can combine them to create a Rocket radar. Once you have the radar, equip it to locate hidden Pokestops where the Team Go Rocket leaders' hideouts are.
When you locate a hideout, you can engage the leader in battle. They show up at 6 am and leave at 10 pm daily.
Way 3: Winning PvP Battles
Winning Trainer Battles can earn you a Sinnoh Stone. PvP combats last for four minutes, and each player has a fighting party of three Pokémon. To win, you must knock your opponent's Pokémons or dish out more damage than you receive before time runs out. Pokémon GO Battles are only available to Trainers with level 10 and above.
To engage in combat, you can fight a nearby trainer, challenge an Ultra or Best friend or join the Go Battle League. Battling a nearby trainer requires you to be near them since they need to scan your Battle Code (a QR Code) to start the fight. You don't have to be friends to challenge a nearby Trainer.
For Battle with an Ultra Friend or Best friend, you don't need to be in close proximity. Players can fight their Trainer friends by inviting them to a challenge. The last PvP match option entails joining a GO Battle League to be matched with other Trainers worldwide.
To win any of these Battles, use a combination of Fast attacks, Charged Attacks, and Protect Shields. Also, ensure you select Pokémon that are not weak to a similar type of attack. This will prevent your entire party from getting knocked out simultaneously by a single counter or move.
Way 4: Join Go Battle League
The Go Battle League is a global matching system that connects Trainers with others for combat. It is a perfect place for players to test their skill and might against others and hopefully gain a Sinnoh Stone by earning a mystery item.
There have been multiple seasons; the current one is 12 and is dubbed 'Season of Light. It will run from 1st September 2023 to 1st December 2023.
Go Battle League Season of Light
Each new season introduces new ways to fight and provides exciting rewards. The schedule also varies with each season. Below are the schedule and rewards for season 12 of the GO Battle League.
- 1st to 8th September - Great League & Little Jungle Cup Remix.
- 8th to 15th September - Great League & Psychic Cup.
- 15th to 22nd September - Ultra League & Weather Cup.
- 22nd to 29th September - Ultra League & Ultra Premier Classic.
- 29th September to 6th October - Master League & Master Premier Classic.
- 1st October - Go Battle Day: Guzma.
- 6th to 13th October - Master League & Evolution Cup.
- 13th to 20th October - Great League, Ultra League & Master League.
- 20th to 27th October - Great League & Halloween Cup.
- 27th October to 3rd November - Great League & Halloween Cup: Ultra League Edition.
- 3rd to 10th November - Ultra League and Willpower cup.
- 6th November - Go Battle Day: Miltank.
- !0th to 17th November - Ultra League and Ultra Premier.
- 17th to 24th November - Master League and Element Cup Remic.
- 24th November to 1st December - Master League and Catch Cup: Season of Light Edition.
- Rank 1 - Guaranteed Pinsir encounter.
- Rank 1+ - Poliwag, Litwick, Wingull, Meditite, or Woobat encounter.
- Rank 3 - Guaranteed Pikachu Libre avatar items.
- Rank 6 - Guaranteed Mienfoo encounter.
- Rank 6+ - Mienfoo, Frillish, or Skarmory encounter.
- Rank 11+ - Lickitung, Hitmontop, Phantump, Onix, or Ralts encounter.
- Rank 16+ - Miltank, Espeon, or Umbreon encounter.
- Rank 19 - Guaranteed Elite Charged TM and Elite fast TM awarded at the end of the season.
- Rank 20+ - Current 5-Star Raid Boss encounter.
- Ace Rank - Guaranteed Guzma-Style Watch, Guzma-Style Bracelet & Axew encounter.
- Veteran Rank - Guaranteed Guzma-Style Pants & Noibat encounter.
- Expert Rank - Guaranteed Guzma-Style Glasses & Goomy encounter.
- Legend Rank - Guaranteed Guzma-Style Shirt, Pikachu Libre encounter & Guzma-Style Pose.
Some special events reward Trainers with Sinnoh Stones for accomplishing specific tasks. This is especially common when Community Days focus on Pokémon that can transform using the Sinnoh Stone. An example is when there were the Electabuzz and Magmar Community Days.
Steps to Evolve Pokémon with Sinnoh Stones
To transform a creature using a Sinnoh Stone, you only need to take the steps below:
- Tap the Poke Ball icon at the bottom-middle of the screen.
- Select Pokémon to access your collection.
- Locate the Pokémon you want to evolve, then tap it.
- Ensure you have enough Candy and a Sinnoh Stone to transform it.
- Tap Evolve. It is underneath Power Up. Your Pokémon will evolve and be ready for battle.
Interface of Evolve Pidgeotto
What Kind of Pokémon Can Evolve With a Sinnoh Stone
Currently, there are 18 Pokémon that evolve with a Sinnoh Stone. All were originally found in Generation 4's Sinnoh region and transformed from previous generations. The evolution cost for each is a Sinnoh Stone and 100 Candy.
- Since Sinnoh Stones are rare in Pokémon GO, evolving all your creatures will likely take a while. Transforming the creatures is especially hard because in addition to the Sinnoh Stone, you also need 100 Candy.
- You cannot catch the above-listed Pokémon in the wild, but you can trade with a friend.
Sinnoh Stones are not easy to come by, but with the information in this guide, you know what you need to do to increase your chances of attaining one.
But do not stop there. Keep going until you have all 18 of them and transform all the relevant Pokémon. Along the way, you will also be able to pick up more rewards and increase your ranking. All the best Trainer!